Monday, October 1, 2012

Building projects and a couple recipes


Well, I've been busy lately and not been posting...  I'm still stuck in the organizing and decluttering mood, which is great, I'm getting so much done, and my sweet husband hasn't complained a bit about all the new things I want him to build and the money I've been spending.  He got the school desk and shelves finished and it's amazing!








Look at that bench, I just think it's the coolest ever, if I had been the designer it wouldn't have been near so attractive.  We didn't have a decent paint brush to stain it with so that'll have to happen some other time.  We had some extra 1x8's from some shelves I took down, we figured that'd make a good bench without having to spend more money on lumber.





And today he put up my new laundry room shelves, previously there was an incredibly nasty old cabinet with only one shelf, now I have two and they are shiny and bright.  I just wish I'd had the time and energy and paint to get the room painted, oh well, task for another day, or never (more likely).  I went to Lowes a few days ago and bought wire shelves to redo our closet, I can't wait!  It's going to be like living in a new house, I'm going from basically no storage space to more storage space than I know what to do with.  And, considering all the throwing away I've done, I actually don't have that much to store anymore!  Yay!!!

I've also decided to clean up my life in addition to my house, I started a Whole 30 three days ago, not long I know, but considering that I've thought about doing one for years and never had the guts to try, even three days is pretty awesome.  My diet has been pretty good for the last couple months, but no where near perfect, and in the last few weeks it had disintegrated further and the scale was showing it.  I really, really, really do not want to gain #60 again this pregnancy, I refuse to!  But the good thing is that means I get to find lots of delicious new recipes, which I love to do, and then I get to share them with you.  Today I made Sausage and Cabbage with Fried Apples for lunch. Okay, that sounds weird, the fried apples are separate from the sausage and cabbage, I don't think they wouldn't be quite so good mixed.  They were good though, and the fried apples were a nice treat.  Then I made Zucchini Spaghetti in Creamy Tomato Sauce for supper, and it was awesome!!!  I highly recommend trying out the recipe sooner than later, Chris said it needed to go on my "regular" cooking menu.  Not that I have a cooking menu plan, something I need to remedy.  I of course forgot to take pictures, dang it!  I need to strap that camera around my neck whenever I start cooking, I don't know why I can't remember it...  Oh well, there are of course gorgeous pictures on the blog I linked to, oh, and I highly recommend buying her cookbook, or at least bookmarking the page Everyday Paleo, she has amazing recipes that are always easy and delicious.  My sister bought her first recipe book and I kinda wish I would buy her other one, but it'll never happen, the internet is so much easier and cookbooks take up precious cupboard space.

Oh, speaking of cupboards, I almost forgot, I did a little project today as well.  Previously the bowls just sat on top of the plates, kind of a pain.  This is so much better!  I've read about 10 different organization books in the past month and each one gives me new ideas, most of which are costly and unfeasible, but every once in a while I get a good one that I can use immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment